Q. In a relationship before Marriage, how far is too far?
A. You should ask these perplexing questions and come to godly decisions, before passions arise to drive you beyond wisdom and purity.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the situation invite impurity or help me avoid it? 1 Cor 6:18 says “flee fornication.”Avoid temptation through carelessness.
- What kind of reputation does my date have? Your acceptance can violate your values and put you in a position you may regret later. 1 Cor 15:33, “evil communications corrupt good manners (character).”
- Will there be any pressure to use alcohol or drugs?Never give up your values for a date.
- Am I attracting the wrong type of person? Make sure that the message you send with your actions doesn’t attract people who will lead you to compromise your values.
- Am I aware that sin is first committed in the heart? Matt 5:28 says, “Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart”
- Are you going to the right kind of place for a date? Many good intentions have been forgotten because the temptation and opportunity were too great.Am I doing anything to encourage sexual desire? Don’t engage in any impure contact that is sexually motivated, such as petting. Keep intimacy for Marriage; don’t short-change your future!Dating should not be considered to be part of your lifestyle until you are eligible for Marriage.