Q. What will we be like when Jesus comes for us, and what will the unbelievers be like?
A. God’s Word has excellent passages on Resurrection; try Dan 12:2, 1 Cor 15:35-58, 1 Thess 4:13-18 and 1 Jn 3:1-3. Resurrection will affect every one of us, saved and unsaved. Here are some details:
- Your earthly body is sustained by your blood system. Your spiritual body will have substance and, sustained by Spirit, will never die.
- God’s people will be raised to eternal joy and glory, while all the unsaved will be raised to eternal judgment and torment. Resurrection bodies will be needed for these extremes of delight and horror.
- It is necessary for unbelievers, too, to be resurrected so that the Lord Jesus might be the final Conqueror of the last enemy, Death.
- Phil 3:21 tells us that our bodies will be like Jesus’ glorious resurrection body. 1 Jn 3:1-3 confirms this and teaches that we shall be perfect like Him, Body, Mind and Spirit.We shall no longer be subject to death, pain, suffering, weakness, weariness or any other human limitation.
- We shall have perfect knowledge and understanding.
- We’ll not be subject to matter. Like Jesus, our spiritual bodies will be able to pass through walls and be wherever He directs, instantly.
- Above all, we’ll forever be with our wonderful Lord in perfect harmony, peace, righteousness and joy!
No wonder Paul was desperate to get to this wonderful resurrection. We would be wise to make that our burning ambition too!
Are you ready for the First Resurrection? If not, seek advice soon on how to give your life to Christ. See our “Gospel in a Nutshell” on the inside cover of this Magazine.